Anglia Leisure Learning Limited
based: East Anglia, UK
Weekend residential leisure courses with top quality tutors, comfortable venues and good home cooking. Improve your skills while making new friends and enjoying achieving more than you ever thought possible. Courses are held north and south of London, and in East Anglia, Bristol and The Midlands. See Answers to 101 Questions on the website.
| patchwork/quilting | textiles | dressmaking/tailoring | felt making | beadwork | lace making | embroidery | mixed media | painting/drawing | knitting/crochet | jewellery | calligraphy | paper crafts | England |
based: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Beadwork international travel, bead related tours to over 14 countries including the Czech Republic, USA, Italy, Peru, Italy and Ireland. Tours are guided and led by teachers and experts in the fields of beadwork and beadmaking.
| beadwork | USA | Europe | Worldwide |
based: Illinois, USA
Large craft focused tour company offering worldwide tours and cruises based around a wide range of craft skills including felting, crocheting, embroidery, jewelry and beading, knitting, mixed media, pottery, quilting, scrapbooking, stained glass and weaving.
| mixed media | textile tours | knitting/crochet | patchwork/quilting | beadwork | embroidery | weaving | felt making | scrapbooking | Worldwide |
Annette Bolton Textile & Bead Artist
based: Hampshire, UK
Workshops and residential recreational beading courses in various UK locations, with textile and bead artist, Annette Bolton.
| beadwork | UK |
Art Workshops in Guatemala
based: Minnesota, USA
Offering workshops in the arts as part of a unique and well-planned travel experience.
| weaving | beadwork | Guatemala |
based: Prague, Czech Republic
Short beading holidays; tours to the birthplace of Czech beads, visiting bead and crystal glass factories, bead shops, museum and more.
| beadwork | Czech Republic |
Beading in the Ozarks
based: Arkansas, USA
A beading weekend retreat in Eureka Springs, Arkansas; in the Beautiful Ozark Mountains. Including classes, shops, spas, dining, beading rooms ...
| beadwork | USA |
Tim James Bead Making Classes
based: East Sussex, UK
One-to-one or group glass bead making instruction courses at beginner to advanced levels.
| beadwork | England |
In The Studio
based: Leicestershire, UK
Residential jewellery making courses including making, engraving, enamelling, casting, wire wrapping, stone setting ...
| jewellery | beadwork | UK |
Wild Things Beads
based: California, USA
Tour with a button and bead importer on a working holiday in the Czech Republic; open the door to exclusive factories you might not otherwise get access to.
| beadwork | Czech Republic |
This is a section focused on beading, beadwork, bead embroidery, bead weaving and bead making courses, workshops, tours and holidays. It deals with beads and beading in all it's forms, from the making of beads, to using beads to create jewellery, clothing, textile goods and decorative pieces, and covers beads made from any material including: ceramic, glass, fabric, plastic, paper, crystal, stone, bone, shell, wood or pearl.
In addition to the creative hands-on aspects we also list tours, trips, holidays and travel to destinations related to beads and beading, be that tours to look at the bead work of ethnic people, visits to manufacturers, historical study tours, or trips to bead fairs and shows.
Build beads into your holidays and vacations! The suggestions below will help you include your love of beads in your travels, we list permanent exhibitions and collections, beading museums, and bead themed shows and events. If you have any bead related suggestions to add to this list we'd love to hear from you!
• Murano Glass Museum, Venice: wonderful displays of beautiful Venetian glass, but in particular an extensive collection of Venetian glass beads.
• Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology: at the University of London, the Petrie Museum is home to a bead collection of over 3,000 strings of beads.
• Picard Trade Bead Museum & African Art Gallery: a museum in San Francisco, California, dedicated to the history beads traded in Africa and displaying over 50,000 beads and ornaments.
• The Beadworkers Guild: open to all bead workers, the Beadworkers Guild is a charity dedicated to promoting the art of beadweaving. It runs a National beading week, and a range of bead shows, festivals and workshops.
• The Big Bead Show, London: A regular show for keen beaders hosted by Bead & Jewellery Magazine. The show is the UK's biggest all-bead fair.
• Bead&Button Show, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: is the World's largest jewellery and bead show, with over 370 vendors, bead art exhibits and a host of classes.