USA: Cove Haven, Pennsylvania
Go completely over the top and book a stay in a room with 7ft high tall champagne glass whirlpool bath-for-two, at Cove Haven, a luxurious lover's retreat on the shores of Lake Wallenpaupack, Pennsylvania's largest man-made lake in the Poconos Mountains. This resort has a host of different sexy suites available as all-inclusive packages for couples seeking romance, excitement and passion.
Dates, price and full details ...
SWEDEN: Northern Lights Flight & Icehotel
Perhaps the ultimate romantic trip, a unique space tourism flight to get a really up-close look at the beautiful and magical Northern Lights. Flights depart from the world-famous IceHotel (10 km from the airport) to join the flight at Spaceport Sweden in Kiruna, Swedish Lapland. The Spaceport is an initiative to set up space tourism in Sweden, so look out for more amazing trips in the future!
Also book a romantic stay at the IceHotel for an unbeatable combination. If you can't run to the flight then the IceHotel also offers guided bus tours to view the Northern Lights.
Full details and prices ...
Check the romance directory from the top»
TOP ROMANTIC HOLIDAY IDEAS
Places with love story links:
• Cyprus – home to Aphrodite the Greek goddess of love and beauty, who is said to have been born near Paphos. The famous Aphrodite's Rock is to be found between Paphos and Limassol. It's said that a swim around the rock will bring good luck and if you do it naked you'll be fertile for life!
• Taj Mahal – in Agra, Northern India. The iconic Taj Mahal is one of the most romantic destinations in the world. This beautiful building was constructed for the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz, who died in childbirth.
• Verona – the setting for the most famous love story of them all, Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Juliet's House (Casa di Giulietta) and its stone balcony is a huge draw for tourists, but actually has no connection with the fictional characters. Nevertheless, Verona is a lovely Italian town and a delightful romantic destination, with its fine architecture, archaeological sites and a renowned summer opera season.
• Château de Saint Paterne – this beautiful Normandy Renaissance chateau, now a luxury hotel, was used by Henry IV as a lovers retreat away from the prying eyes of court.
• The Seychelles – islands of deserted white sand beaches and warm turquoise seas fringed with palms, set amid the Indian Ocean. The Seychelles were also the honeymoon destination for Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
• Le Moulin de la Tuilerie – was formerly the country home of Edward and Mrs Simpson, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Edward VIII abdicated from the British throne in 1936, in order to marry the woman he loved, a twice divorced American, Wallis Simpson. Visitors can now stay at their weekend getaway, which can be booked through the Landmark Trust.
• The Ring of Kerry – in Ireland, location for the ancient Celtic legend of Oisin and Niamh; Glenbeigh's Rossbeigh beach was where these lovers left Ireland to ride across the waves to Tir na Nog (The Land of Eternal Youth), it's a lovely myth, read the full story here. This love story will probably not be well known to anyone who's not from Ireland, but it makes a great excuse to visit this beautiful relaxing area of mountains and coast on a romantic escape.
The top cities for romance:
• London – visit the statue of Eros at Piccadilly Circus, Notting Hill, Hyde Park, Primrose Hill, Buckingham Palace (remembering the great love story of Victoria and Albert). Take a boat ride on the Thames, or tea at the The Ritz. Visit Keats' House in Hampstead, or Sir John Soane's Museum by candlelight. Experience sunset on Waterloo Bridge, or take Cupid's Capsule aboard the London Eye (a romantic Private Capsule designed especially for two – and a fantastic place to propose!)
• Paris – without doubt one of the most romantic of cities, immortalised in films like Last Tango in Paris,Casablanca and Amélie. Stroll arm in arm along the Champs Elysees, take a moonlit cruise on the Seine, climb the iconic Eiffel Tower to take in its amazing city views. Art lovers should not miss Rodin's The Kiss at the Rodin Museum or the Venus de Milo at the Louvre. Then there is the food, the wine ...
• Edinburgh – sometimes referred to as as the 'Athens of the North', Edinburgh boasts fine architecture and World Heritage status, with its hill-top castle (with its links to Mary Queen of Scots), the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The cobbled streets and medieval buildings of its 'Old Town' contrast with the grandeur of its Georgian 'New Town', adding to the air of romance.
• Rome – also known as the Eternal City and jam-packed with historic sites, from the ruins of ancient times, to the elegant palazzi and fountains of Renaissance Rome. Lovers should be sure not to miss the bridge, Ponte Milvio, made famous by the Italian author Federico Moccia in I Want You (book and film), in which the protagonists fixed a padlock to the lamp-post as a sign of their love before throwing the key into the river Tiber, a practice now being copied by young lovers all over Italy.
• Venice – many reckon this to be the most beautiful and romantic city on earth, renowned for its art, architecture and atmosphere. It's said that a sunset kiss under the Bridge of Sighs spells eternal love. Perhaps a bit of a cliche, but who can resist the appeal of a nighttime gondola ride or an arm-in-arm stroll over the Accademia Bridge above the Grand Canal? Venice is, after all, the birthplace of Casanova, who seemed to know a thing or two about love!
• Bath – we see Bath as 'our' city (it's where Travel-Quest is based) and we've just got to put in a good word for it as a romantic destination. A break in our spa city can include a soak in the rooftop pool of the Thermae Bath Spa (dusk recommended so you can enjoy the sunset and then floodlit city views). A horse-drawn carriage ride to see the city sights and its wonderful architecture. A visit to the Jane Austen centre (think Pride & Prejudice) and the renowned Roman baths. Walk the National Trust Skyline Walk, (6 miles right above the city, with wonderful views). Or punt on the river, enjoy excellent restaurants, take tea at the Pump Rooms or ride a hot air balloon.
Search for a romantic city break now»
Check the romance directory from the top»
ROMANTIC & COUPLES: DIRECTORY
based: Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK
Romantic couples weekend getaways in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in West Wales. Offering secluded cottage or studio accommodation, an on-site spa, a choice of eating out options and acres of beautiful countryside and coast to explore.
| romantic/couples | Wales |
Château de Saint Paterne
located: Alençon, Normandy, France
A romantic hideaway this luxurious family-run château hotel and its 25-acre gardens, have been beautifully restored. Their 'Prestigious Weekend' for two is ideal as a couples getaway package.
| romantic/couples | France |
Discover this romantic vacation destination, luxury couples-only resorts on the island of Jamaica. They are all-inclusive and offer luxury from fine dining to luxury spas, beach activities and excursions. The four resorts are Couples: Ocho Rios, Sans Souci, Swept Away and Negril.
| romantic/couples | wedding/honeymoon | Jamaica |
website: DFDS Seaways
Romantic mini cruises to Amsterdam departing from Newcastle, giving you two nights at sea with a day to explore the city. The package includes breakfasts and evening meals as well as sparkling wine in your en-suite cabin.
| romantic/couples | Europe |
Le Moulin de la Tuilerie
located: Gif-sur-Yvette, Île-de-France, France
Now cared for by The Landmark Trust, this property was the former country weekend residence of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. It offers self catering accommodation in three buildings on the site including La Célibataire. a romantic retreat for two.
| romantic/couples | France |
Red Letter Days Featured Site
Offering a selection of romantic short breaks and weekends throughout the UK, getaways for couples that include spa breaks and boutique hotel packages in picturesque locations. Also a range of London hotel, dinner and theatre packages.
| romantic/couples | England | Wales | Scotland |
based: St.Lucia West Indies
A dedicated couples resort promising intimate, personalised, romantic vacations and getaways. Offering white sand beaches, clear ocean, lush tropical gardens, candlelit beach dining, fine cuisine, sumptuous accommodation, meandering river pool and the Water Garden Spa.
| romantic/couples | West Indies |
based: Corfu, Greece
A small luxury, adults-only hotel in a beautiful location on the Island of Crete, offering a range of couples retreat, anniversary and honeymoon packages, with a host of extras and specials for the loving couple.
Singles ski holidays, snowboarding & solo skiing vacations
Romantic getaways, pamper and passion packages at guesthouses, lodges and hotels throughout South Africa, including Garden Route, Cape, Wine Route and Overberg packages.
| romantic/couples | South Africa |
Rufflets Country House Hotel
based: Fife, Scotland, UK
A 4 star country house hotel just 1 mile from St Andrews, offering a variety of short breaks, including weekends, romantic and Valentine, Christmas and birdwatching breaks and golf packages. Rufflets has been in the same family ownership since 1952, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to get away from it all.
| weekends/short breaks | Christmas/New Year | valentines | romantic | golf | bird watching | Scotland |
Superbreak Featured Site
Romantic break special offers, places in the UK and right across Europe delivering offers such as free extra nights, and room discounts (usually time limited and varying from day-to-day). Find romantic and luxury hotels for less and offers in Europe's romantic destinations like Paris, Prague, Sorrento or the English Lake District.
| romantic/couples | UK | Europe |
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa
based: West Sussex, UK
Set among beautiful landscaped woodland in Sussex, Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel and Spa offers a variety of services including beauty treatments, accommodation, weddings, functions and much more. There is a comprehensive range of facilities for guests to enjoy, including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym and multiple tennis courts.
| spas | massage | tennis | romantic | wedding/honeymoon | valentines | England |
North Cyprus couples breaks specialist, offering romantic escapes to this year-round Mediterranean holiday island.
| romantic/couples | Cyprus |
Court Farm Holidays
based: Cornwall, UK
Romantic holiday accommodation in a couples Cabin, set within its own garden and hidden away on the edge of a working farm.
| romantic/couples | UK |
based: Utah, USA
Mountain bike vacations for couples, a bicycle tour company focusing predominantly on couples.
| mountain biking | romantic/couples | USA |
based: Hampshire, UK
Romantic getaways boating and cruising for couples, with a selection of smaller cruisers, easy for two to handle.
| romantic/couples | UK |
Living Waters on Lake Travis
based: Texas, USA
A vacation retreat just outside of Austin. in Texas hill country, with a special 'Romance Package', including massages and wine tasting.
| romantic/couples | USA |
Romantic Planet Vacations
based: Alberta, Canada
A top Canadian travel specialist for destination weddings, honeymoons and romantic retreats with that special someone.
| romantic/couples | weddings/honeymoons | Canada | Worldwide |
Find romantic Valentines holidays on the next page»