The Ultimate Retreat Company Featured Site
based: Alicante, Spain
Luxury all-inclusive health retreats for weight loss, fitness, detox, wellbeing and anti-ageing, set in a beautiful award winning venue and spa. Join their exceptional and professional retreat team which includes a doctor, nutritionist, yoga and pilates teachers, personal trainers and holistic therapists; who will offer inspirational and individual care and support.
| weight loss | detoxification | yoga | pilates | fitness | nutrition | holistic/wellness/wellbeing | retreats | singles | Spain |
based: Bucharest, Romania & Tel Aviv, Israel
Making activity-driven vacations simple, UpTrek provides some of the world's most interesting and highly rated vacation packages and offers a discovery and booking platform that brings excitement and simplicity back to travel. Choose from hundreds of unique travel experiences and book online easily and instantaneously.
| working/volunteer | photographic | cookery | gastronomic | yoga | weight loss | fitness | detoxification | canoe/kayak | diving/snorkelling | mountain biking | Worldwide |
Adventure Yoga Retreats
based: California, USA
Yoga vacations combined with skiing and snowboarding in Killington and Mamouth Mountain.
| yoga | ski/snowboard | USA |
Big Sky Yoga Retreats
based: Montana, USA
Yoga and skiing retreats in Big Sky Resort, Montana. Also yoga and hiking weekends.
| yoga | ski/snowboard | walk/trek/hike | USA |
Freeing the Body
based: London, UK
Scaravelli inspired yoga breaks in Koycegiz, Turkey and Andalucia, Spain, offering yoga that can be enjoyed by everyone.
| yoga | aromatherapy | Turkey | Spain |
based: Ceredigion, Wales, UK
Alternative holidays in Turkey, various courses or just a relaxing holiday.
| walk/trek/hike | belly dance | meditation | yoga | tai chi | Turkey |
based: Granada, Spain
Dynamic yoga retreats in Spain, with delicious food and good company in a luxury farmhouse.
| yoga | Spain |
Present Moment Retreat
Health resort in the Sierra Madre Mountains, offering yoga and qigong retreats.
| yoga | qigong | Mexico |
based: Washington, USA
Deluxe four and six-night yoga/surfing or yoga/pilates vacations in in Sayulita, Mexico.
| surfing | yoga | pilates | Mexico |
BIMINI, BAHAMAS: Yoga and swimming with dolphins
An unusual combination retreat, swimming with wild dolphins in the warm, clear blue Caribbean; together with yoga, meditation, breathwork, healthy eating, cruising and relaxation on the boat create a thoroughly nurturing and rejuvenating break. Retreats are held between April and November. Optional yoga classes are provided every day.
The retreat is based on the small tropical island of Bimini. From there guests go out to the dolphins by boat; the dolphin swims are carried out with awareness and respect. A limited number of private single bedrooms are available for those who prefer not to share.
• Take your own lightweight mat, most yoga retreats will provide mats of course, but if you don't fancy the idea of getting close up to the spot shared by someone else's feet then your own mat can be a haven of freshness! Pack disposable anti-bacterial wipes if you're planning on using a retreat's own mats, great for ensuring your own mat is fresh as a daisy too.
• As an alternative to, or in addition to a mat, you might also want to pack a skid-less yoga towel which will help when holding poses like downward facing dog or the triangle pose.
• If you're fond of figure hugging yoga clothing then treat yourself to some seamless underwear to take on the trip.
• Loose fitting yoga clothing is most comfortable in hot climates. Cotton keeps you cool and fresh, but consider moisture-wicking fabrics too, these will not only help keep you dry as you do your practice but, because they dry out so quickly, will also allow you to wash things through rather than carry too much in your luggage.
• Pack one yoga outfit in your cabin bag in case your luggage gets delayed.
• Get ready for your trip before you leave and as you travel, particularly if you're flying, so that you arrive without traveller stress:
eat a light, healthy meal before you depart,
get a good nights sleep before you fly,
keep hydrated and buy a big bottle of water once past security,
on a long flight try a few simple yoga stretches,
or just meditate in your seat.