Travel-Quest ('we') is/are committed to protecting the personal information of our users and visitors. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for everyone who visits us. This page is intended to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
Please note that we do update this Policy from time to time, please review it regularly.
The information we collect
In running and maintaining the Travel-Quest website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1) Information about your use of our site including details such as pages viewed and resources accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location and other communication data. This is general anonymous information and no identifiable personal details are collected.
2) Information provided voluntarily by you, for example if you submit a Special Search question to us. Or, in the case of a travel business, the information you submit when requesting a site review.
3) Information that you provide voluntarily when you communicate with us by any means, including emails, letters and phone calls.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that track, save and store information about a users interactions and use of a website. They are saved to the users computer hard drive and are used to make the website work, work more efficiently, or to provide information about website usage to the site owner. For more information about cookies, to see what cookies have been set on a site, and to learn how to manage and delete them, see: allaboutcookies.org
On this site cookies are used in three ways.
1) Firstly via an external analytics program, provided by Google Analytics, which gives us general statistical information about site usage. These Google cookies collect data in an anonymous form, meaning no identifiable personal details are collected and the information does not identify any user personally.
2) Secondly cookies are used in our association with social media, including Facebook and YouTube; these cookies are created by social media in accordance with their own Cookie and Privacy Policies, if you are signed up to any social media service they may identify you as a user in order to allow you to interact with social media elements displayed on our site.
Adjusting your cookie settings
You can adjust the settings on your browser to decline any cookies if you wish. The allaboutcookies.org website linked to above provides information on how to manage cookies and adjust your cookie settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from and about you to allow us to maintain this site. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1) To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
2) Where your consent has been provided in advance, to provide information to you relating to our own or third party products and services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive it. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
3) To travel businesses who've applied for a site review, we use your information in order to create a review/site entry for your business and to inform you of any changes or other information that relates to your entry.
4) To inform you of changes to our website or services.
Sending and storing personal data
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
1) In the event that we sell this business, to the buyer.
2) Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
3) To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Although the purpose of the Travel-Quest website is to include only quality, safe and relevant external links, we still advise visitors to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any of our external links. Despite our best efforts we cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website because such content often changes rapidly and without our knowledge. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and that Travel-Quest cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links.
Access to information held
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.