Adventure Lanka Tours
based: Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka holidays and tours specialist, offering family holidays, beach breaks, Sri Lankan honeymoons, wildlife tours and luxury holidays. Adventure Lanka Tours offer a choice of ready-made packages as well as the option of bespoke tours; their itineraries are entirely customizable.
| sightseeing | family | animal/safari | weddings/honeymoons | tailor made | Sri Lanka |
based: Lancashire, UK
Sightseeing tours by coach with destinations throughout the UK and Europe at value for money prices. Alfa specialise in holidays and short breaks for the over 50's and offer convenient local UK pick up points. Holiday packages include half board accommodation in quality hotels, sightseeing excursions and entertainment.
| bus/coach holidays | sightseeing | city breaks | seniors/silver surfers | England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Western Europe |
based: London, UK
Luxury tailor-made travel and holidays to the Indian sub-continent, the Himalayas and South-East Asia. Destinations include, North and South India, Bhutan, Bali, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, the Maldives, Laos and Indonesia. Styles include mountains and hiking, beach holidays, Christmas breaks, wildlife safaris, boats and trains trips, family tours and luxury honeymoons.
| tailor made | sightseeing | Asia |
Classic Tours & Safaris Co.Ltd
based: Arusha, Tanzania
Classic Tours and Safaris Ltd are a licensed tour operator in Arusha, offering Serengeti balloon safaris, Kilimanjaro trekking expeditions, game drives, 4 wheel drives, Mount Meru climbing adventures, mountaineering trips, walking safaris, archaeological tours, olduvai gorge trips, camping safaris, photographic safaris and Kilimanjaro climbing via the Machame route.
| ballooning | animals/safari | camping safaris | photographic safaris | walking/trekking safaris | trekking peaks| walk/trek/hike | 4 wheel drive/4x4 | archaeological tours | sightseeing | trekking with animals | Tanzania |
based: Surrey, UK
Luxury bespoke holidays and private tours to Jordan, Egypt, Oman, Syria, Lebanon, Iran and Tunisia. Corinthian Travel's insider knowledge means they can offer expertly planned and competitively priced holidays with dedicated expert guides, the finest hotels, and private sightseeing.
| tailor made | sightseeing | Jordan | Egypt | Oman | Syria | Lebanon | Iran | Tunisia |
Do Something Different Featured Site
based: London, UK
A one-stop-shop for booking sighteeing, attractions, experiences and excursions all over the world, with the emphasis very much on the 'doing'. Their global activitiies list includes anything from city sightseeing and sightseeing cruises, to some amazing 'Once in a lifetime' experiences.
| sightseeing | UK | Europe | Worldwide |
based: London, UK
Specialist tour company offering bespoke holidays to Russia and Eastern Europe. Their intimate knowledge of the region and with their own offices in Moscow and St Petersburg mean they can create unique tours, tailor-made to provide the right experiences, hotels and guides for the ultimate travel experience.
| tailor made | sightseeing | Russia | Eastern Europe |
Florence cultural vacations for seniors, individual travellers, couples, two friends travelling together, women travelling on their own. Ideal short stays living with an Italian host family in Florence in excellent homes for comfort and quality with private room and private bath for guests. Breakfast and evening meal included in prices.
| singles | seniors | women | art appreciation | cookery | wine | shopping | sightseeing | tailor made | music tours/appreciation | city breaks | Italy |
Great British Trips
based: West Sussex, UK
Inbound operator providing tailor-made travel and sightseeing tours across the UK, from the Scottish highlands to London city breaks. Suitable for all group sizes, offering a professional and complete service for all travel requirements and catering for every taste, itinerary and budget. Transport options include self-drive, train, coach and chauffer-driven tours.
| tailor made | sightseeing | bus/coach holidays | self drive | railway tours | UK |
Iran Luxury Tours
based: Esfenan, Iran
Escorted luxury tours in Iran; destinations include Shiraz, Isfahan and Yazd. On each tour guests are accompanied by a company guide to ensure the trip is perfect in every detail. Special excursions are included so guests will get a real feel for the country, its people, culture, food and history.
| escorted tours | sightseeing | Iran |
based: Leicestershire, UK
Sightseeing holidays exclusively for single travellers, with no single supplement and lots of included meals and excursions. A wide range, from themed weekend breaks, to exclusive singles Nile cruises, or trips to far flung places like China or New Zealand.
| singles holidays | walk/trek/hike | river cruises | sightseeing | UK | Europe | North America | Worldwide |
One Traveller Ltd
based: Norfolk, UK
Specialists in escorted holidays and cruises for mature single travellers, in the UK, Europe and Worldwide, plus an extensive Christmas/New Year offering from twice British Travel Awards winners: One Traveller. With a double room to yourself; most meals and excursions included; quality hotels; caring, knowledgeable Tour Managers and no single supplement. Travelling alone has never been more sociable!
| singles holidays | seniors/silver surfers | city breaks | sightseeing | escorted tours | ballet/opera | Christmas & New Year | art appreciation | architectural | theatre/shows | music tours | tailor made | Worldwide |
Ramblers Worldwide Holidays
based: Hertfordshire, UK
Combined 'Sightseeing and Walking' holidays, easier walking holidays, often city/town based, with itineraries full of interesting sights. Offering trips such as 'Wine Villages in Alsace', 'Siena and Florence', 'Moscow and St Petersburg' and 'Cultural Istanbul'.
| sightseeing | walk/trek/hike | Worldwide |
Saga Featured Site
based: Kent, UK
Offering a huge range of holidays and tours created for mature travellers aged 50 plus. Includes many escorted sightseeing breaks in Europe and Worldwide. Popular destinations include England; Scotland; Wales; Croatia; Malta; Slovenia; Andalusia, Spain; Las Palmas, Gran Canaria; and Greece.
| seniors/silver surfers | sightseeing | city breaks | UK | Europe | Worldwide |
Silk Road Tours
based: London, UK
Private tailor-made holidays to off-the-beaten-path destinations in Central Asia, the Caucasus, the Middle East and Northern Africa. Silk Road Tours have many years experience of arranging travel to these less visited regions, their meticulous planning combined with their expert local guides ensure guests have the best possible touring experience.
| tailor made | sacred sites | historical tours | sightseeing | Central Asia | The Caucasus | Middle East | North Africa |
Simply Holiday Deals
An on-line travel destination for holiday and travel deals for UK members, including: holiday packages, family friendly breaks, romantic weekends, beach escapes, sightseeing tours, ocean cruising, short mini-cruises, flights and hotels. Join Simply Holiday Deals to find travel offers and discount codes from around the web.
| family | sightseeing | ocean cruises | short/mini cruises | Worldwide |
based: Dorset, UK
Bespoke luxury tropical holidays to the Indian subcontinent, the Maldives and Sri Lanka. Creating wonderful holiday packages tailor made to clients exact requirements. They also have a collection of beyond the norm 'Signature Tours™' covering a range of special interests such as diving, swimming with whales, surfing and birdwatching.
| tailor made | sightseeing | diving/snorkelling | whale/dolphin watching | birdwatching | yoga | surfing | meditation | India | Maldives | Sri Lanka |
based: Cumbria, UK
Wildlife Trails is on a mission to offer clients spectacular wildlife tours anywhere in or between the Arctic or Antarctica. Initially founded by a biologist, several essential principles for conserving the wildlife you visit are applied to this day so you can enjoy your wildlife experience without disturbing the environment.
| animals/safari | walking/trekking safaris | bear watching | trekking with animals | photographic safaris | birdwatching | sightseeing | Asia | Africa | Arctic | South America | Europe |
Some general tips to help you get the best from a sightseeing holiday.
What to wear or carry with you:
• You'll need a bag to carry things in, make sure it's both lightweight and secure, with proper closures and zips. A backpack or rucksack works well and gives you freedom to move, but remember that pickpockets love tourist hot spots, so also use a money belt or neck wallet to keep your money as close to you as possible.
• And while we're talking about theives, don't advertise your expensive watches or jewellry, in fact leave them at home and wear cheaper stand-ins on your tour.
• Women: take a light scarf, as well a being useful if it gets cold, it can also come in handy to cover your head and/or shoulders on visits to churches.
• Comfortable shoes or sandals are a must, sightseeing often involves being on your feet for longer than you'd normally be, and if you're prone to blisters some blister plasters are also worth packing.
• Do pack the sun protection too, it's easy to forget this on a city sightseeing trip.
On visting museums, art galleries and other attractions:
• One tactic is to go early to get ahead of the queues, another is to visit towards the end of the day, perhaps within a couple of hours of closing time.
• Also check for evening openings, many stay open late once a week (often on Thursdays).
• If you're in a hot climate then visting a nicely air conditioned gallery in the middle of the day can be a great way get out of the heat.
• To avoid the crowds start at the top and work down the building towards the entrance.
• Where you might get reductons on entrance fees, remember to take proof of age for older people and children.
• A few museums in Europe waive entry fees on certain days, but bear in mind they are often busiest on those days too!
• Look out for museums that sell timed tickets which mean you can avoid the queues.
• Be aware that in Europe many museums close on Mondays or Tuesdays.
On sightseeing outside:
• In hot climates the middle of the day can be the quietest time at outside sights, so if you're prepared to put up with the heat you can avoid the worst of the crowds.
• If there is one, take a walk along a river or canal; waterways are great for casual sightseeing and for getting the 'feel' of a city.
• An unbrella makes great sunshade as well as cover for the rain!
• If you're there for some shopping, be aware that in parts of Europe shops often close for an hour or so around midday, and in the more southerly countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece) the 'siesta' period can be longer – goes for most museums, churches and general businesses too.