Seeds 4 Change (The)
based: Hertfordshire, UK
A week of Mindfulness Meditation and Kundalini Yoga at this holistic holiday on the Greek Island of Lesbos. Sessions are based on their 5 A Day Programme for Wellbeing and are aimed at enabling you to embrace life and make it work for you. Would suit independent travelers.
| holistic/wellness/wellbeing | meditation | yoga | Greece | Spain |
based: Casperia & Sperlonga, Italy | Costa Rica
Yoga holidays and yoga and wellness retreats, with daily yoga classes, meditation, Ayurvedic and holistic treatments, and a wide range of daily optional activities to choose from, in stunningly unspoiled and beautiful locations – in Italy, in the hilltop village of Casperia or beachside Sperlonga – and in Costa Rica.
| yoga | retreats | massage | acupuncture/acupressure | ethical/ecotourism | aromatherapy | Italy | Costa Rica |
Surya Lanka Ayurveda Beach Resort
based: Talalla, Sri Lanka
Surya Lanka Ayurveda Resort was one of the first Ayurveda Hotels in Sri Lanka to cater exclusively for Panchakarma Ayurveda guests. Surya Lanka specialises in Sri Lankan Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation, all in one of the most beautiful locations in Sri Lanka. It also conducts regular Ayurveda retreats and Yoga retreats.
| ayurveda | retreats | holistic/wellness/wellbeing | yoga | meditation | massage | weight loss | detoxification | spas | Sri Lanka |
Surya Surf & Yoga Retreat House
based: Cadiz, Spain
Yoga and surf retreats at La Barrosa beach, Cádiz, southern Spain, for all levels. Retreats also include thematic excursions to other beautiful places; activities like hiking, horse riding and sailing are also available. Year-round week or weekend packages include accommodation and organic breakfast and can be booked for small groups or individuals.
| retreats | yoga | surfing | Spain |
The Ultimate Retreat Company
based: Alicante, Spain
Luxury all-inclusive health retreats for weight loss, fitness, detox, wellbeing and anti-ageing, set in a beautiful award winning venue and spa. Join their exceptional and professional retreat team which includes a doctor, nutritionist, yoga and pilates teachers, personal trainers and holistic therapists; who will offer inspirational and individual care and support.
| weight loss | detoxification | yoga | pilates | fitness | nutrition | holistic/wellness/wellbeing | retreats | singles | Spain |
Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat
based: Varna, Bulgaria
Relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul at this rural retreat close to the Black Sea. Offering a personalised service for individuals and small groups, running twice daily poolside yoga and tai chi/qigong classes, life coaching and holistic treatments. Delicious vegetarian food with non-veggie options. All ages and abilities welcome.
| holistic/wellness/wellbeing | yoga | qigong | tai chi | retreats | reiki | self-development | meditation | vegetarian/vegan | Bulgaria |
Algarve Surf & Yoga Retreat
based: Algarve, Portugal
Located in the beautiful Costa Vicentina Natural Park in Western Algarve, a great place to surf, practice yoga and relax.
| yoga | surfing | Portugal |
Adventure Yoga Retreats
based: California, USA
Yoga vacations combined with skiing and snowboarding in Killington and Mamouth Mountain.
| yoga | ski/snowboard | USA |
Big Sky Yoga Retreats
based: Montana, USA
Yoga and skiing retreats in Big Sky Resort, Montana. Also yoga and hiking weekends.
| yoga | ski/snowboard | walk/trek/hike | USA |
Earthworks Rock Climbing
based: California, USA
Rock climbing weekends for beginners through advanced level, including outdoor yoga and climbing instruction.
| climbing/scrambling | yoga | USA |
Freeing the Body
based: London, UK
Scaravelli inspired yoga breaks in Koycegiz, Turkey and Andalucia, Spain, offering yoga that can be enjoyed by everyone.
| yoga | aromatherapy | Turkey | Spain |
BIMINI, BAHAMAS: Yoga and swimming with dolphins
An unusual combination retreat, swimming with wild dolphins in the warm, clear blue Caribbean; together with yoga, meditation, breathwork, healthy eating, cruising and relaxation on the boat create a thoroughly nurturing and rejuvenating break. Retreats are held between April and November. Optional yoga classes are provided every day.
The retreat is based on the small tropical island of Bimini. From there guests go out to the dolphins by boat; the dolphin swims are carried out with awareness and respect. A limited number of private single bedrooms are available for those who prefer not to share.
• Take your own lightweight mat, most yoga retreats will provide mats of course, but if you don't fancy the idea of getting close up to the spot shared by someone else's feet then your own mat can be a haven of freshness! Pack disposable anti-bacterial wipes if you're planning on using a retreat's own mats, great for ensuring your own mat is fresh as a daisy too.
• As an alternative to, or in addition to a mat, you might also want to pack a skid-less yoga towel which will help when holding poses like downward facing dog or the triangle pose.
• If you're fond of figure hugging yoga clothing then treat yourself to some seamless underwear to take on the trip.
• Loose fitting yoga clothing is most comfortable in hot climates. Cotton keeps you cool and fresh, but consider moisture-wicking fabrics too, these will not only help keep you dry as you do your practice but, because they dry out so quickly, will also allow you to wash things through rather than carry too much in your luggage.
• Pack one yoga outfit in your cabin bag in case your luggage gets delayed.
• Get ready for your trip before you leave and as you travel, particularly if you're flying, so that you arrive without traveller stress:
eat a light, healthy meal before you depart,
get a good nights sleep before you fly,
keep hydrated and buy a big bottle of water once past security,
on a long flight try a few simple yoga stretches,
or just meditate in your seat.