based: Massachusetts, USA
A women-owned/women-run adventure travel company offering all-inclusive unique adventure tours all over the world, developed exclusively for women of all ages.
| singles | women | USA | Worldwide |
A Broader View Volunteers Corp Featured Site
based: Pennsylvania, USA
Charitable not for profit organization arranging volunteer projects abroad, offering travelers the opportunity to explore a new country while taking part in rewarding and meaningful service work. Ideal as gap year trips. Get a broader view of the world: volunteer your time and efforts to improve the lives of those less fortunate.
| working/volunteer | gap year | Spanish language | ecological tours | family | singles | group | women | Africa | South America | Central America | Asia |
Blue Sky Sage
based: Wyoming, USA
Western riding vacations including and all women riding package, horsemanship clinics, riding camps and a unusual Mustang horse adventure seeking out the wild Mustang horses of Wyoming.
| western riding | women | USA |
based: Staffordshire, UK
Ladies fitness and weight loss bootcamp retreats across the UK and Europe. Perfect for those looking for fitness, weight loss, or just wanting an active holiday. These ladies bootcamps include, accommodation, nutritious meals, fun days with varied exercise sessions, exercise and nutrition workshops, dedicated trainers, after care support and optional massage.
| bootcamps | fitness | retreats | nutrition | weight loss | women | singles | stag/hen | UK | Portugal | Spain |
based: Kent, UK
Inspirational mini-breaks for women of all ages, including creative workshops, country walks, historic house and garden visits, social activities and opportunities to make new friends, whilst staying in a boutique hotel in Tenterden in Kent, full-board, with everything arranged for you. Ideal for women on their own or with a family member/friend.
| women | retreats | gardening | painting/drawing | walk/trek/hike | murder mystery | sightseeing | self development | singles | seniors/silver surfers | for people with a disability | England |
Wild Women Expeditions
based: Newfoundland, Canada
Outdoor adventure travel company operating across Canada and in many countries worldwide. Offering trips kayaking, canoeing, hiking, cycling, doing yoga, surfing, sailing horseback riding and enjoying winter retreats.
| women | Worldwide | Canada | Europe | Asia |
Women's Travel Group (The)
based: New York, USA
Travel and tours primarily for women only, plus savings for solo women travellers, a leading North American tour operator offering luxury, unusual and inclusive tours for women traveling on their own or with friends.
| women | singles holidays | Worldwide | USA |
Adventures in Good Company
based: Maryland, USA
Adventure travel and active trips, including canoeing, hiking, kayaking and multisport.
| women | walk/trek/hike | sea kayaking/canoeing | Worldwide |
based: Arizona, USA
Small group adventure travel, primarily for women traveling solo or with friends, partners, Moms or daughters.
| women | walk/trek/hike | Worldwide |
Green Mountain at Fox Run
based: Vermont, USA
A primarily women's retreat focusing on weight loss and healthy eating.
| retreats | weight loss | women | USA |
Las Olas Surf Safaris for Women
based: California, USA
Surf safaris, introducing women to the sport and lifestyle of surfing in Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific Ocean's Bahia de Banderas in Mexico.
| surfing | women | Mexico |
Lorrens Health Hydro
based: Devon, UK
Ladies Health Hydro and residential health spa exclusively for women, for individuals and groups. Just relax, be pampered or take an 'all-inclusive' package.
| destination spa | women | weight loss | UK |
based: Vermont, USA
Vacation tours to Ireland and other Celtic destinations in Scotland, England, Wales, Brittany and beyond, designed primarily for women only.
| women | Ireland | UK | France |
Rock & Sun
based: Bristol, UK
Dedicated women's rock climbing courses and holidays in the Costa Blanca or Haute Provence.
| climbing | women | Spain |
based: New York, USA
For women only and anyone traveling solo, join a fun group of like-minded travellers!
| singles | women | Worldwide |
based: South Yorkshire, UK
Worldwide trips primarily for women travellers, offering lots of variety, fun, culture and adventure!
| women | Worldwide | Morocco | Vietnam |
Women's Music Weekend
based: Ontario, Canada
An inspiring music weekend for women, created and led by talented singer-songwriters, experience the joy of song, the magic of music creation, and the power of group playing.
| songwriting | women | Canada |
Women's Adventures NZ
based: North Island, New Zealand
Fun and affordable adventure activities primarily for women, activities ranging from kayaking, fishing, horse riding, snorkelling and ropes courses to weekend tramps and hikes.
| women | New Zealand |
Looking at why we have a travel section for women in particular.
The short answer is because it's what women want! Women have a lot of different reasons for wanting dedicated trips, and women of all ages and types go on these trips; married, single, divorced or widowed women who prefer to travel in the company of other like-minded women.
We asked our female readers why they wanted women focused holidays and the main reasons given were:
• feeling more comfortable in a group made up only of women.
• having cultural or religious reasons for wanting to travel in a single sex group.
• feeling more relaxed on trips where they can really switch off, spend less time on personal appearance and grooming and, if they want, spend the entire trip reading trashy fiction and drinking cocktails, rather than having to worry about what the children are up to and fitting in with a spouses demands to go speed boating.
• or, on the other hand, being able to totally indulging themselves in their passion, be it fine art, patchwork quilts or shoe shopping, without having to worry that their partner is bored to tears.
• wanting women only options on specialist trips which deal with women's issues.
• wanting to spend time away with female friends, a sister, mum or daughter etc.
• on learning holidays and recreational courses (e.g. skiing, climbing sailing, golf), being able to learn a new skill without feeling intimidated by the competitive atmosphere more often encountered on mixed gender courses/holidays. Also the opportunity of having a female guide, coach or teacher.
• wanting time away to themselves to simply recharge, away from their husband/partner and/or children, where a woman only trip is non-threatening to the partner/children.
• women only tours were popular with single women, not interested in a holiday romance, just a good holiday!
• easy room sharing as other participants will all be women, sometimes making women's tours more economical.
So the female focused travel companies and women only packages exist, and we list them here to help you find them. We are aware that this could become a bit of a problem when it comes to dealing with discrimination policies of some countries; we may word our entries carefully, but the fact is that many women do want the opportunity of a trip that is primarily women only and entirely female focused.