based: Lancashire, UK
Coach tour operator offering tours at value for money prices in the UK and Europe. Alfa specialise in holidays and short breaks for the over 50's and offers convenient local coach pick up points from the Midlands and the South East, North West and North East of England. Holiday packages include half board accommodation in quality hotels, excursions and entertainment. Check for exclusive web discounts!
| bus/coach | sightseeing | city breaks | seniors/silver surfers | England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Western Europe |
Butlers Bus Tours
based: Co. Cork, Ireland
Custom coach and bus tours of Ireland starting and finishing anywhere in the country. Enjoy your own tailor-made itinerary, a luxury private tour bus, with experienced Irish guide/driver. Butlers will also package a tour to include accommodation, entertainment, attractions etc., if required.
| bus/coach | Ireland |
based: Norfolk, UK
Escorted cultural tours to France from the UK travelling by ferry, coach and train, exploring the different regions including the Loire, Brittany, Provence and Champagne. With various departure points in Southern England.
| bus/coach | France |
Go Britain Tours
based: Scotland, UK
Offering guided tours of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland with Go Britain Tours. Guided sightseeing tours from London and Edinburgh to cultural and historical sights. Group tours and private tours are available.
| bus tours/coach holidays | sightseeing | tailor made | historical tours | escorted tours | weekend/short breaks | shopping | Scotland | England | Wales | Ireland |
Go Scotland Tours
based: Scotland, UK
Online one-stop-shop for tours in Scotland; offering various tours from the most recommended tour guides in Scotland. Scotland sightseeing tours from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and selected cruise ship ports. Many different tour types including: coach tours, city breaks, historical, student travel, landscape, whisky tours, film locations and much more.
| sightseeing | escorted tours | tailor made | weekend/short breaks | bus tours/coach holidays | city breaks | shopping | student travel/discounts | historical tours | whisky tours | cinema/film/TV/celebrity | Scotland |
Green Tortoise Adventure Travel
based: California, USA
Adventure bus tours designed for fun-loving, independent travelers, the young and young at heart. Discover California, the West coast, cross country tours, Western USA, Mexico, Central America, Alaska, the Northwest, festivals and fairs, all aboard a Green Tortoise sleeper coach which converts by night to sleeping bunks for up to 36 passengers.
| singles | bus/coach | gap year | North America |
based: Co. Fermanagh, Ireland
Coach touring packages with local departures, offering destinations across Ireland and in Scotland, England and Wales, and including events like the Classic Car Show, Blackpool Illuminations and The Oul Lammas Fair in Ballycastle.
| bus/coach | UK | Ireland |
Christian Fellowship Tours
based: Victoria, Australia
Coach tours for Christians of all ages and from all walks of life, including singles.
| singles | bus/coach | Australia | Asia | North America | South America | Europe |
Motorcoach tours, fly tours, cruises and international vacations to meet your Christian travel needs.
| Christian | bus/coach | US | Worldwide |
Florida Tour Connection
based: Florida, USA
Specializing in escorted coach tours for senior citizens throughout the United States and Canada.
| bus/coach | seniors/silver surfers | USA | Canada |
Greene Coach Charters & Tours
based: Tennessee, USA
Escorted motor coach travel vacations by luxury coach/bus in the United States.
| bus/coach | USA |
based: New South Wales, Australia
Extended 5-star luxury coach touring holidays across Australia, including Tasmania, Canberra, NSW Outback Tour, Melbourne International Flower Show ....
| bus/coach | Australia |
based: Frankfurt, Germany
Escorted coach tours in Germany, conducted by professional, bilingual tour-guides in English and Spanish.
| bus/coach | Germany |
South Pacific Travellers World
based: Christchurch, New Zealand
New Zealand escorted coach tours, with an abundance of sightseeing and activities included.
| bus/coach | New Zealand |
based: Leicestershire, UK
Escorted coach holidays and bus tours throughout the UK and France.
| bus/coach | shopping | Christmas shopping | garden tours | UK | France |
Not an average bus tour! Departing from the US these trips head south on an overland journey into Mexico and Central America. Travel is by custom-designed sleeper coaches that convert by night into bunk accommodation for up to 36 people.
Discover white-sand beaches, lush jungle, beautiful waterfalls, canyon train journeys, Pyramids and Mayan ruins. There are a number of different trips to these destinations, with tours ranging from 7 to 14/15 days and one longer trip of 28 days; week-long tours can also be combined into a longer trip.
For those of you who've not done much coach travel, here are a few tips to set you up:
• On-board luggage space on coaches is not as generous as on a plane so keep it down to essentials.
• Keep your valuables in your hand luggage and pack an extra foldable bag to slip them into so you can carry them with you at rest stops.
• Dress in layers so you can adjust things depending on how well the air-conditioning/heating works.
• A pair of socks can be useful if you are wearing open shoes and start to feel cold.
• If you're planning on sleepng, a travel pillow, eye shades and ear plugs (or noise-canceling headphones) can be a great help.
• A light blanket is useful too, or (girls/ladies) a pashmina works well and can also double as a daytime scarf or evening shawl.
• Pack water and snacks in your on-board luggage as rest stops can be unpredictable.
• Also a good idea are a hand sanitizer and a mini-medical kit with asprins and the like.
• If you're taking computers, iPads, phones and other electrical gagets make sure they're charged up, power outlets and Wi-Fi connections are not widely available on tour buses, although that's coming, we hope ...
If you've booked a coach tour package seats may be alocated automatically, but if you do have some control over where you'll sit here are some things to consider:
• The back of the bus will tend to be more bouncy and the very back seats will probably not recline. Likewise the seats over the wheels can be bouncy and can sometimes offer less room.
• The very front seats are great for sightseeing, but may not have overhead lights for reading and some people find the unobstructed view makes them feel queasy.
• If leg room is an issue the very front seats often have the most, as do the seats just after the stairwells on double-decker coaches.
• The seats just after a central door are sometimes a bit roomier and even if they aren't, can feel like they are, because of the lack of a seat in front, but be aware that these are usually over the on-board toilet.
• Aisle or window seat? Often just down to personal choice, but small/short people will get a better view from the window seat and tall people often appreciate the aisle seat because it allows them opportunities to stretch.
• Avoid seats directly in front of or below a TV/movie screen, underneath the speakers or beside the toilets.