Bath in Fashion
based: Somerset, UK
Travel-Quest's local fashion week in Bath, created to celebrate the creative energy of the fashion industry, local and national, with a programme of catwalk shows, fashion authors and celebrities, hands-on workshops and master classes, fashion installations and related exhibitions. Check out Visitor Information for travel and accommodation options and packages.
| fashion | England |
Exclusive Fashion Tours
based: Florence, Italy
Multilingual personal shopping assistance in twelve different languages, including VIP access to collection previews and showrooms of top fashion brands, with tours in Florence, Tuscany, Milan, Versilia and throughout Italy.
| fashion | Italy |
Fashion & Textile Museum
based: London, UK
This centre for contemporary textiles, fashion and jewellery in central London hosts a range of short courses (multi-day but non-residential). These cover subjects such as: fashion courses for 16 to 18 year-olds; introductions to shoe or handbag design; and digital drawing courses.
| fashion | England |
based: Rome, Italy
The place to get tickets for the Fashion Weeks (Paris, Milan & New York), these exclusive fashion shows are generally 'invitation only'. Benefit from VIP access, which includes tickets, limousine transfers, 5* hotels and a private shopping tour with an experienced personal shopper. Fashion Tour is a Rome based luxury travel company.
| fashion | USA | Europe |
based: London, UK
School fashion study tours abroad in New York, Paris or Barcelona. School fashion trips where students can study textiles, design and garment technology as well as visiting outlets, designer workshops, famous fashion spots and fashion and textile museums.
| fashion | USA | France | Spain |
Textile Holidays France
based: Charente, France
Creative holidays in SW France, surrounded by beautiful countryside. A range of textiles courses for all interests and abilities, taught by a qualified, experienced tutor who's passionate about textiles. Learn a new skill on a structured (but relaxing) holiday retreat or bring your own project and work independently in the light, spacious well-equipped studio.
| dressmaking/tailoring | embroidery | patchwork/quilting | soft furnishing | fashion | lacemaking | retreats | singles | tailor made | women | France |
UjENA Fashion Photo Tours
based: California, USA
A unique opportunity for photographers to direct a fashion photo shoot for one of the largest swim wear brands in the world. Tours take place all over the world and happen throughout the year. In some cases participants share expenses, in other cases the producer gives a percentage of product sales if photos are used.
| fashion | Worldwide |
Diverse School Travel
based: Birmingham, UK
Fashion & Textiles school tours to London and Paris. Learn how the fashion industry works; study opportunities for students of fashion, tailoring and textiles.
| fashion | UK | France |
Fashion Perspective Tours
based: Virginia, USA
Fashion tours with exclusive contacts in the world of fashion, including current designers and historic costume collections.
| fashion | France | Italy | UK | Asia |
based: Copenhagen, Denmark
A fashion photography course in Copenhagen, including a weekend fashion photography history and genres course.
| fashion | Denmark |
based: Virginia, USA
Fashion tours visiting the world's renowned fashion cities and some of the top fashion houses meeting industry professionals.
| fashion | France |
JK Photo Events
based: Valletta, Malta
Fashion photography holiday in Malta, shoot fashion in stunning locations with instruction from experienced professional photographers.
| fashion | Malta |
Tokyo Fashion Tour
based: Tokyo, Japan
Guided shopping tours to Tokyo's most stylish shops and districts; find the latest styles and fashions.
| fashion | Japan |
This section focuses on fashion, designer clothes and Haute couture, we also have a dressmaking and sewing section which is where you'll find practical hands-on making courses, so this section is concentrating on the finished products, listing holidays and tours to fashion shows, museums, fashion houses and attractions; and trips shopping in the world's fashion hot spots or attending fashion weeks and festivals. We also list recreational fashion design and fashion photography courses and workshops in this section.
The section covers all forms of wearable fashion and covers: clothing, shoes and footwear, bags, headgear, accessories, makeup and body piercing. While looking at the latest trends it also deals with historical fashion and costume, looking at antique and vintage fashions too.
The ALSO SEE link at the top of this page will guide you to some of the many other related sections to be found in the rest of the directory.
Build your love of fashion into your holidays and vacations! The suggestions below will help you include your fashion interest in your travels; we list permanent exhibitions, collections and attractions; museums and fashion shows and events for those who want to create a DIY fashion centric tour.
• The Clothes Show Live: at the NEC, Birmingham. Offering five days of fashion inspired events that showcase the latest fashion, beauty and music trends. There will be multiple catwalk stages, a fashion theatre, competitions, a pamper lounge, bars and cafés.
• London Fashion Weekend: the consumer side of London Fashion Week. Expect catwalk shows, shopping opportunities, fashion talks by industry experts, and pampering treatments from the hair and beauty professionals.
• The Fashion Museum: (formerly the Museum of Costume) in Bath, one of the 'Top 10' fashion museums in the World according to CNN. It's the home to a permanent collection of historic dress and regular special exhibitions, as well as fashion events and talks. Great to combine with Bath Fashion Week.
• V&A Fashion Collection: London's V&A Fashion Collection is home to the most comprehensive and largest exhibition of fashion, textiles and dress in the world.
• Tassen Museum Hendrikje: a museum in central Amsterdam, housing one of the largest collections of bags and purses in the world, with exhibits spanning over 500 years of western history.
• The Costume Institute: at the The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is home to a collection of over 35,000 costumes and accessories, from seven centuries and five continents.
• Fashion & Textile Museum, London: a centre for contemporary textiles and fashion; the museum doesn't have a permanent display, but offers a program of focused temporary exhibitions.
• Gucci Museo: in Florence, offering floors of fashion and showcasing gowns and leather luggage and accessories, much of designed by Gucci himself; the museum charts Gucci's story from its beginnings. There are also a series of contemporary art installations, a library, cafeteria and a small boutique.